Physics Modifications V2.5 for 1.28+ – For Manual Drivers for American Truck Simulator
This is version 2.5 of the physics mod, which is still a work in progress.
Hey everyone, I’ve made some changes to the transmission and suspension to enhance the driving experience.
[UPDATE]: Here are the new features in this version 2.5:
- – Currently compatible with 4 trucks:
- Peterbilt 389 SCS
- Peterbilt 579 SCS
- Kenworth W900 SCS
- Kenworth T680 SCS
#For the transmission:
- – The automatic transmission remains unchanged from the previous update (v2.3).
- – Next update will focus more on the transmission.
- – The clutch now engages at a very low point, but it is still easy to operate.
- – The transmission now has a slight resistance.
- – The RPM takes longer to decrease. For example, if you are at 1500RPM, it will take more time to reach 1000RPM compared to the stock physics.
- – More improvements are coming for the transmission.
#For the suspension:
- – The cabin now moves like a real truck (I don’t know why this feature was deactivated previously).
- – The cabin suspension currently works with SCS Trucks.
- – The wheel suspension travel has been increased.
- – Previously, the trailer and truck were considered as one solid unit, but now the trailer moves independently.
- – You may notice the cabin moving when turning or driving over uneven terrain.
- – The wheels can now slip, so be careful.
- – The tires can now also slip, so be cautious.
- – This mod is still a work in progress.
The goal of this mod is to transform the physics from the “worst” to a more realistic feel. Although I haven’t personally driven a real truck, I’ve watched numerous YouTube videos to help me create an authentic experience.
It is recommended to use this mod with a steering wheel and clutch pedal, but it can still be used with other controllers. I am open to updating the mod based on your suggestions!